Please read the job description below prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
pilotED Schools is a nationally-recognized public charter elementary school network that seeks to empower the way students see themselves and the world around them using an approach centered in social identity development, civic engagement, and academic excellence. From our daily identity-based classes to our sports programming and civic engagement opportunities, pilotED actively promotes an enriching lifestyle for our students and families to forever interrupt generational cycles of poverty.
As a founding member of the pilotED Schools: Las Vegas team, the Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for promoting and enhancing the overall mission by providing outreach services, program leadership, and by being one of the most visible team members on the Las Vegas team. Through outreach events, new organizational partnerships, town halls, radio station/television appearances, information sessions, and canvassing outside of popular businesses, the Community Outreach Coordinator will be entrenched in the city of Las Vegas. The Community Outreach Coordinator directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer based in Indianapolis. The Community Outreach Coordinator will start as a part-time position for 6-9 months before a potential immediate promotion to a full-time position in 2021.
- Creates an annual outreach plan
- Attends relevant community meetings; participates in relevant councils and committees
- Schedules outreach presentations in the community and communicates with staff regarding coverage and responsibilities
- Develops a consistent presentation outline
- Develops outreach materials and packets
- Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones
- Assists in the coordination of special events including holiday baskets/gifts; donor/partner/volunteer appreciation activities.
- Participates in radio and television interviews to discuss pilotED Schools, as needed
- Canvasses various neighborhoods
- Coordinates and hosts outreach events in local libraries, outside high foot traffic stores, etc
- Collaborates with the pilotED leadership team to help guide the Las Vegas strategy
- Various other duties, as needed
- Great public speaker and confidence when networking with new individuals;
- Quick-thinker, solutions-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population including race, gender, ability, religion, sexual orientation, geography, and any other identity-based attributes;
- Committed to restorative justice and education
- Willingness to grow through ongoing constructive feedback and professional development;
- Committed to engage and/or lead in community and school events;
- Committed to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment;
- Able to work from a co-working space;
- Has reliable transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Expert-level written and oral communication skills;
- Strong ability to work with flexibility;
- Excellent organization skills and consistency in meeting deadlines;
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite proficiency;
- Language: English proficiency required; bilingual in Spanish preferred;
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the Outreach Coordinator is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
- Must pass all federal and state background checks.
Hours and Pay
- 20-25 hours/week
Equal Opportunity Employer
pilotED Schools is an equal‐opportunity employer that actively seeks to hire and retain a diverse, passionate, and dedicated team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.