Please read the job description below prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
pilotED Schools Bethel Park is a nationally-recognized elementary school that seeks to empower the way students see themselves and the world around them using an approach centered in social identity development, civic engagement, and academic excellence. From our daily identity-based classes to our sports programming and civic engagement opportunities, pilotED actively promotes an enriching lifestyle for our students and families to forever interrupt generational cycles of poverty.
As a critical part of the school ecosystem, the primary responsibilities of a daycare teacher are to provide a warm, educational, and safe environment for the children at the daycare. The teacher is accountable for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children whose parents work at pilotED, designing and executing stimulating activities, kickstarting their academic development, and fostering positive social-emotional skills. The daycare teacher reports directly to the School Principal with support from the Director of Business & Operations.
· Create a safe, joyful, organized, and respectful classroom culture.
· Effectively plan and deliver daily lessons aligned to Indiana Early Learning Foundations (eg. Alphabets, numbers, etc)
· Deliver creative, engaging, and enriching activities for children (eg. art, health and fitness, science, play, etc)
· Provide parents with updates of children’s progress on behavior and academics; answers parent inquiries.
· Plan and organize field trips and oversee recess as they play outside.
· Arrange and oversee rest times or nap times.
· Feeds, changes, and carries infants at the daycare center.
· Administers first aid and care when necessary.
· Implement culturally responsive teaching practices in daily instruction.
· Participate in weekly observation and coaching sessions.
· Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for creating systems, working as a team, and being a part of a growing organization;
· Quick-thinker, solutions-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
· Committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population including race, gender, ability, religion, sexual orientation, geography, and any other identity-based attributes;
· Committed to restorative justice and identity development approaches;
· Willingness to grow through ongoing constructive feedback and professional development;
· Committed to engage and/or lead in community and school events;
· Committed to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment.
· At least two of the following are required: Associates degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or field of instruction, 2+ years of full-time teaching experience, and/or standard teaching certification;
· Ability to attend annual summer off-site professional development;
· Understanding of state and federal requirements specific to your position;
· Ability to assess grade level needs in order to plan and organize accordingly;
· Demonstrated success in effective instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery;
· Expert-level written and oral communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills;
· Strong ability to work with flexibility;
· Excellent organization skills and consistency in meeting deadlines;
· Strong knowledge of pedagogy and experience teaching strategies to support all learners;
· Microsoft Office and Google Suite proficiency;
· Language: English proficiency required; bilingual in Spanish preferred;
· Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
· Must pass all federal and state background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
pilotED Schools is an equal‐opportunity employer that actively seeks to hire and retain a diverse, passionate, and dedicated team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.