Please read the job description below prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
FACILITIES AND GROUNDS SUPPORT
Bethel Park Elementary is the founding school of the nationally-celebrated pilotED Schools network. Bethel Park Elementary was ranked #1 in Parent & Family Engagement by the Indiana Department of Education, and ranks in the top 10% in the state of Indiana in terms of students’ racial and ethnic diversity. At Bethel Park Elementary, we strive to center the voices and experiences of our students and their families as we further the academic excellence, social identity development, and civic leadership of our students. From our daily identity-based class to our sports and leadership development programming, Bethel Park Elementary provides an inclusive, enriching lifestyle for our students and families to forever interrupt generational cycles of poverty.
Ensuring that pilotED Schools’ campus remains beautiful and clean for our students and staff, the Facilities and Grounds Support is the caretaker of the school building inside and out. Reporting to the Facilities Manager and the Business and Operations Manager, the Facilities and Grounds Support is responsible for following procedures for maintenance, cleaning, and groundskeeping.
- Troubleshoot heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, lighting, and hydraulic systems to ensure functionality;
- Complete non-routine job orders at the direction of the Facilities Manager.
- Routinely clean school spaces throughout the school day (e.g. remove garbage, restocking disposables, cafeteria, etc.);
- Support clean-up and transitions in cafeteria for lunch blocks;
- Complete emergency cleaning orders;
- Collaborate with janitorial team to deep-clean and sanitize all spaces overnight (washing and sanitizing toilets, sinks, vacuuming carpets, sweeping and mopping floors, etc.).
- Works alongside lawn service provider and oversee grounds to ensure a manicured look (lawns, bushes, trees, parking lot, etc.);
- Works with Environmental Art teacher to execute maintenance and upkeep of school farm;
- Operate snow removal equipment to keep all walkways and building entrances cleared and safe.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for creating systems, working as a team, and being a part of a growing organization;
- Quick-thinker, solutions-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Committed to meeting the needs of a diverse population including race, gender, ability, religion, sexual orientation, geography, and any other identity-based attributes;
- Committed to restorative justice and identity development approaches;
- Willingness to grow through ongoing constructive feedback and professional development;
- Committed to engage and/or lead in community and school events;
- Committed to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment;
- Work early morning and/or late nights shifts.
- High school diploma/GED required;
- Experience working in a school environment preferred;
- Proven working experience in maintenance, custodial, and/or ground keeping jobs;
- Strong knowledge on the use of industry chemicals, supplies, and equipment (floor buffers, industrial floor washers, etc.);
- Mechanical skills (fix small building problems, leaky faucets, faulty light switches, etc.);
- Work well under minimal supervision;
- Ability to attend annual summer off-site professional development;
- Understanding of state and federal requirements specific to your position;
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills;
- Strong ability to work with flexibility;
- Excellent organization skills and consistency in meeting deadlines;
- Language: English proficiency required;
- Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and lift/move objects up to 50 points. The facilities manager must have the strength and stamina to lift heavy objects and spend most time on their feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
- Must pass all federal and state background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
pilotED Schools is an equal‐opportunity employer that actively seeks to hire and retain a diverse, passionate, and dedicated team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual's qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.